Recipe for Friendship House Quiche:
Ingredients: (Makes 10 large pans)
- About 5 loaves of bread
- 18 doz. Eggs
- 2 gallons of milk
- 1 cup of mustard
- Salt to taste
- Pepper, paprika and Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 5 lbs. of cheese
- Chopped onions and bell peppers
- Chopped vegetables
- Chopped meat (e.g. hot dogs, ham ground beef or sausage)
- Line pans with confection paper.
- Spray with PAM
- Spread cubed or thinly sliced bread in pans (At least 1deep)
- Mix in any chopped cheese, vegetables or meat.
- In two separate mixing bowls combine the milk, eggs and spices Two bowls are simply to facilitate stirring.
- Pour about four cups of liquid mixture over the bread and vegetables in each pan.
- Cover with foil and put in the refrigerator.
- Quiches are baked at 400 degrees for 50 minutes.
Location of Materials:
Most of the Sunday Breakfast materials are stored in the northwest corner of the kitchen. Bread may be found in either the kitchen freezer or in the refrigerator located in the southeast corner of the church hall. Cases of juice and fruit will also be found at one of the above locations.
Cooking utensils, teapots and pitchers are borrowed from St. Andrew & Matthew Church and may be found in the kitchen cupboards.