A Sanctuary In Time Of Need
302-652-8278 • fax: 302-652-8641
Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect
Information Voluntarily Submitted
Friendship House only gathers "personally identifiable information" (information that relates to an identified individual) if you voluntarily submit such information to us through registration forms, feedback forms and profile update forms. The types of personally identifiable information voluntarily submitted on our website include your name, title, department, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country, phone and fax numbers, email addresses, and URLs. You can always choose not to provide personally identifiable information, but if you do not provide such information, you may not be able to take advantage of the features of Friendship House website (i.e., receipt of information from Friendship House). We use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
• To supply news and information regarding Friendship House and the research programs it sponsors.
• To respond to your questions or comments sent to us via email or postal mail.
• To introduce a service that we think might be of interest to you.
• To comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order and to counter any attempted breach of security of our website, or a physical threat to you or others.
Friendship House will not rent, sell or lease personally identifiable information to any third party unless we have received your permission.
Information Gathered via Electronic Means
Friendship House also collects "non-personally identifiable information" (information that does not identify a specific individual) through the use of Internet Protocol tracking, log files and/or cookie technology.
• We register your Internet Protocol address when you visit the website to help diagnose possible technical problems and to administer Web website quality. We do not use Internet Protocol addresses or clickstream data to personally identify users.
• Log files (files listing every request made to the server) are used to statistically determine which areas of our website users prefer and to better prepare future site content based on the interests of our users. We do not track the usage patterns of individual users, but rather the overall performance of each page on the site.
Links To Other Sites
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
Protecting your privacy and your information is our top priority. We have established physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard our physical premises and to protect against the loss, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or unauthorized access of personal information both online and offline. Only those employees of Friendship House and/or our business partners who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. While we take reasonable efforts to ensure the security of information, there is no guarantee that any data transmitted over the Internet or stored via our website is 100 percent secure; this is the case for any users of and service providers on the Internet.
Accessing and Updating Information
Friendship House strives to maintain the accuracy of user records and only collects personal information that is relevant for the purposes for which it is used. If you have any questions about what information we currently hold about you or your organization or would like to make updates or changes, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting children on the Internet is very important. For that reason, Friendship House does not intentionally collect information at our website from those Friendship House actually knows are under 13, and no parts of our website are structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your Acceptance of These Terms